(This is a now page, and if you have your own site, you should make one, too.)
It is Summer 2019, and I am in my home state of Maine in the United States for a bit of Vacationland.
In all honesty, I spend most of my time running the website Craft Your Content, where I help professional writers, entrepreneurs, and brands make their own words even better. I do this through editing, writing coaching, courses, and an online community – along with a fantastic collective of editors and writing coaches.
If you are looking to work with me, that is where you want to go. I like to say I help people write shit that matters, because that is the difference I want to make in the world. Writing that matters.
Though that’s my current primary focus, I do always have other plans and projects in the works:
- If you would like me to “take a look” at something you’ve written or hire me as an editor or writing coach, you’ll be better served to check out my other website, CYC.
- I’d like to write more here, pitching pieces to major publications and sites, and other places. If you have a site you’d like me to write for, lemme know, and we can see if it is a good fit.
- I’d also like to do more podcasts and radio interviews in 2019. If you are interested in having me on your show to talk about writing, editing, creativity, craft, entrepreneurship, and occasionally travel (I don’t travel much these days), maybe we can figure something out?
- If you are interested in Becoming a Master Writer, you can check out this course I created, that is essentially a culmination of 30+ years of my background and experience writing and learning from reading.
- I do not accept many invitations to attend events, as I prefer to channel that energy into my work with clients and my own craft.
- If you would like me to speak at your event, however, I do request (with few exceptions) that the speaking roster contain: at least 40% women and 25% marginalized women (women-of-color, LGBTQ+, disabled, and others.).
- My favourite gig in the world is being an aunt to my almost-three-year-old niece Eva. She’s my little buddy and I’m her “crazy fun Aintín.” It’s nice being able to see her more while I’m back in the States.
- I strive to be a better yogi. Currently I’m doing well if I can knock out a dozen sun salutations in the morning.
- I do not drink alcoholic beverages as often as I used to, contrary to what my Instagram might lead you to believe. This is partly a professional choice, and partly a personal choice. I still enjoy a quality pint with friends, a glass of red wine at dinner, or a dram of whisky by the fire. But in general, you won’t find me out at the bar as much, unless it is pub quiz night.
- I do drink a crazy amount of coffee and tea though, so if you want to meet up for one of those, lemme know.