(This is a now page, and if you have your own site, you should make one, too.)
It is Fall 2017, and I am living in a beautiful northern Scottish city. This is the first place I have ever lived in that I do not know a single soul, not even digitally, and knew nothing about the city when I booked my flat and flight. But so far, I’m finding I love everything about it. Funny how that works sometimes.
In honesty, I spend most of my time running my editorial agency, Craft Your Content, where my team and I write and edit online content and manuscripts for authors and entrepreneurial writers. If you are looking to work with me, that is where you want to go. I like to say I help people write shit that matters and make their own words even better — because that is the difference I want to make in the world. Writing that matters and better words.
Though that’s my current primary focus, I do have other plans and projects in the works:
- If you would like me to “take a look” at something you’ve written or hire me as an editor, you’ll be better served to work with CYC, with my amazing team – your writing will be better for it.
- I’d like to write more here, on my column for Forbes, pitching pieces to major publications, and other places. If you have a site you’d like me to write for, lemme know, and we can see if it is a good fit.
- I do not accept many speaking requests and event invitations. Being “on” in such a public and personal way is extremely exhausting for me, and I prefer to channel that energy into my craft and business.
- I am accepting requests for podcasts and radio interviews in 2018. If you are interested in having me on your show to talk about writing, editing, creativity, criticism, craft, entrepreneurship, and occasionally travel (I don’t travel much these days), maybe we can figure something out?
- I’m also working on another creative writing project, but you won’t hear anything about it until 2018. If you can figure out the pen name.
- I want to write a nonfiction book on criticism, bullying, and perception bubbles in 2017, and am finalizing the book proposal, as I would prefer to publish traditionally (any literary agents who are interested in learning more, I’d love to chat)
- I need to be a better yogi. Currently I’m doing well if I can knock out a dozensun salutations in the morning.
- I do not drink alcoholic beverages as often as I used to. This is partly a professional choice and partly a personal choice. I still enjoy a quality microbrew with friends, glass of red wine at dinner, or tumbler of bourbon by the fire. But in general, you won’t find me out at the bar as much as you used to. I do drink a crazy amount of coffee and tea though, so if you want to meet up for one of those, lemme know.